Health and Safety Policy
PMOL SAFETY ARRANGEMENTS – STATEMENT BY THE CHAIRMAN
This statement outlines my personal commitment to ensuring the health, safety and welfare of the company’s employees and of those people who may be affected by our activities, including members of the public, passengers on our Railcars and any contractors we may employ.
High standards of health and safety management, and a good record of safety performance do not happen by accident, but as a result of constant vigilance, commitment throughout the company and a disciplined and rigorous approach to all that we do. We will aim to secure continuous improvements in Health and Safety management by: –
- Developing and leading a culture in which none of us accept unsafe acts or conditions, in an open environment where employees feel free to raise concerns without fear of retribution. Any member of staff will have my personal support for refusing to work when it is unsafe to do so;
- Developing mechanisms to reduce, as far as is reasonably practicable, risks of personal injury, ill-health, fire and damage to property and the environment, as well as the risks of train accidents;
- Working with the British Transport Police [BTP] to secure prosecutions of any persons who threaten or assault our staff in the course of their duties;
- Complying with all relevant legislation and industry standards;
- Establishing challenging health and safety objectives both for the company and for its supervisory staff, and monitoring progress against those objectives. Individual health and safety objectives will carry the same weight as other business objectives;
- Co-operating fully with all parties with whom we interface;
- Providing adequate training and resources to enable the company and individuals to discharge their health and safety responsibilities.
It is only by the wholehearted commitment of all of us who work in the company that our objectives can be realised. I will ensure that opportunities are provided for all employees to participate in health and safety initiatives especially through their H & S representative and to give and be given feedback on health and safety issues.
This policy has my total support – for us to succeed, it needs yours too.
Pre Metro Operations Ltd